Flights to St Barts (SBH)
Enjoy a thrilling landing into Gustaf III airport where pilots are specially trained to perfect the landing on the short runway! Flights to St Barts (SBH) are convenient from the Princess Juliana Airport in Dutch St Maarten (SXM), the island next door, where flights come in and out daily, to and from the United States and Europe. Direct flights from Puerto Rico (SJU) to St Barts are also possible. VIP services are available connecting private planes to St Barts.
For additional entry details during COVID-19, please click here.
St Barts Entry Requirements
In addition to a valid passport, guests visiting St Barts may be in need of a visa. This website will help you determine if you are in need of a visa in less than 3 minutes. Be sure that you are in possession of the right documents prior to your travel to St Barts. You can also contact the nearest French Consulate or Embassy to your country of residence to ensure the proper travel formalities.
You can also contact the St Barts Immigration Services by calling +(590) 590 511 703.
Typically, these visas are acceptable for entry to St Barts:
- Territoire D’Outre-mer
- Schengen, with the following conditions of the visa:
- Type C, D, DFA
- At least 6 months validity and valid for travel and stay up to 3 months
- Issued in France or a French Embassy/ Consulate
- Please note, if the Schengen visa does not meet these conditions it is not valid for entry into St Barts
General Visa Exemptions for St Barts
- Nationals of a European Union member state, Monaco, Andorra, Norway, Iceland, San Marino, Liechtenstein and Switzerland has unlimited access and entry into St Barts
- There is a 3 month access in a 6 month period for nationals of Albania, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (biometric passport), Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (biometric passport), Montenegro (biometric passport), New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Panama, Paraguay, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (passport bearing identity card number), United States, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela
- Citizens of the British Overseas Territories and holding a valid passport of: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Montserrat, Turks and Caicos
- Diplomatic passport travelers
- Passenger with a residency card for a Schengen member state or European micro state including:
- Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland – plus Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City (European micro States)
- Please note that the UK is not a Schengen member state